Friday, January 23, 2009

The transfer

Finally after waiting until nearly 1230 they called us back. We got into the transfer room and the nurse was giving us our directions...get undressed for the waist down, put on the gown ect... when the dr came in.

He reviewed the embryo report card with us and sadly we only have 5 left... This is what really annoys me about not knowing in advance.. here I am trying to be +++ and you give me news like that... but I digress... he tells us we have 2 beautiful blastocysts a 2AB and a 3BB....he seems pleased so I guess we are also (1AA would be the best rating).

He then has us sign the documents stating we both agree to transfer the 2 and tells us they will keep an eye on the remaining 3 embies that aren't at the blasto stage and see if they keep growing..... he didn't seem over optimistic they would.

I then got undressed and the ultrasound tech came in. She check and sure enough my bladder was way to full. So then I had to tinkle in a cup..fill it but no more.. and then went back to the room.

After that it was a whirlwind of activity...my nurse came in and said "you have a cild size bldder"...yep scientific proof my constant need to go on a long car trip wasn't my fault (now can we stop telling the bridge tunnel story Mom LOL)...she had me assume the position and began to drape me. Once I was covered the embryologist came in, confirmed I was whose chart she had and talked about the munkins...she is a little more optimistic about the remaining embies and said she would watch them all weekend.

Then the dr came back in with the us tech and we were ready to get knocked up! Icy cold speculum in and then he washed the cervix and slip in the initial catheter under the guidance of the u/s. Once that was in place he called for the embryos and embryologist brought them in in a new catheter. That cath slips in side the on already in place and with a bright flash on the u/s we watched the babies go to their new home.

Everthing comes out and then we lay there...now I'm suppose to be relaxing and thing happy snuggly thoughts of the new babies but instead I start to cry. I think of those that didn't make...that if these 2 don't stick we only have one shot at fet...I know stupid because this is going to work but we have been here before...I think it is also the end of dreaming and now reality comes into play...

I finally calm down and dh and I talk to the babies and then its time to get up. I'm on best rest today and the rest of the weekend. I'm to avoid lifting, any strenuous activity and on strict pelvic rest until the pregnancy test. My beta pregnancy test is set for 2-2-09.

My due date for anyone curious would be 10-11-09 for a singleton and 9-19-09 for twins......fingers crossed our fall brings a new addition or 2.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that's awesome Leah. I have no idea what the grading actually means but if the doctor thinks that's good then I do too.
Maybe i'll go read up on it just to be "in the know".

Mrs.Haggie810 said...

Oh Leah! You are such a strong person! I will be praying for you and your babies!

Ellen said...

Leah, glad the beans are where they should be - warm and snug! Praying for positive results for you guys! I love how open and honest you are in this blog. It puts so many of my feelings about infertility into words. Somehow makes me feel less alone in the infertility struggle that we have endured. {{{Hugs}}}

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop