Sunday, January 25, 2009

2dp5dt

For those not familiar with forum speak 2dp5dt means 2 days past 5 day transfer.

Today was a rough one... it all started at 3am when I got up to go potty and had to crawl back to bed because I was in so much pain from my sciatica. The pain was excruciating and dh finally convinced me to take some tylenol...up until this point hadn't taken anything because of fear it might harm the babies. I was able to settle back down and got a few hours of sleep.

The rest of the day went pretty well..we took Sarah to see hotel for dogs and bummed around the house. I took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon and we went up to bed at 9. That is when things got a little emotional....

You see in ever cycle...in the different stages...you reach the mental breakdown down.... before transfer it was 3 days into the stims... for this part it was last night.

Partly trigger by pain..no tylenol since early morning...partly trigger by the bottled up grief for the loss of a seconnd chance....I collapsed in a heap of tears...sobbing un controllably. Dh the amazing man that he is comforted me. We discused what happens if this fails...how we will handle it...how will Sarah handle it and how will we proceed.

The talk left me with a sense of calm and what ever happens will happen. I have finally surrendered...

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Gosh Leah, the surrender is so hard. I have been there under different circumstances in the infertility road. Somehow God takes us to our breaking point to show us our humanity. We are *so* not in control. It is painful, oh, so painful. My heart hurts with you over your embabies and I am praying for you guys. Much peace and grace while you wait!

Ellen (couchhound)

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop