We arrived at the clinic exactly at 7, signed in and waited to be called back.
The wait was short and they brought us back to my pre-op/recovery room. I got undressed put on a hospital gown (which actually covered my backside LOL) and then the nurse return to go over my post op instructions and review the proceedure...she also gave us info on partipating in a study which we decline...it was a new way to select sperm for ICSI but there was a chance our insurance may not cover it if we did the study so we decline...we are hoping we don't need ICSI anyway.
After that discussion we just had to wait our turn... dr J came in and introduced himself and reviewed the procedure, then the or nurse came in to check on us. At about 830 they had me enpty my bladder and then walked me to the or.
In the or they had me lay on the table and the anethesiologist came in, he reviewed all of my info and started my iv... I warned him that I get very nauseous with anethesia so he gave me something to combat that and then I was off to lala land...
Apparently the sedation they use is a mind eraser because I was able to get in to the wheelchair to go back to my room and get back in my bed but I have no recollection of that... about 30 minutes later I woke up and dh had some crackers and water for me. Both stayed down fine, so I finished them off and then asked to use the ladies room. The nurse came in and unhooked everything and let me go... everything worked as expected LOL so she removed my iv and completed the discharge process.
Of our 21 follies we got 13 eggs....they will call tomorrow with an update of how many embryos..
I'm really sore and tired so I'm heading off to bed....more as it develops
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
OMG so excited 13 eggs is GREAT!!!! Can't wait to see how many embies you have tomorrow. I have goose bumps!!!!
I don't know much about this process but it sounds like it all went well! Good luck to you! (615bride on HyenaCart)
I am so excited for you that I am teary this morning. Hope you are feeling better today (Monday)! Will keep praying!
Post a Comment