Thursday, November 20, 2008

My hero and the interview

So today was a big day... actually all week has been filled with big days.

Today was the big interview for my promotion!!! Last night I had the typical bizarre pre interview dreams... arriving late, can't find my resumes, the printer not working and I can't print my resumes ect....

So I arrive at work early this morning, print off my resume.. no printer issues... WHEW and begin to print off the other documents I'm presenting (things I have worked on the better the way we work). First document prints fine, because it takes a while for pdfs to print I print one copy and head to the copier. Zip it in select 8 copies and PRESTO... they all come out with lines in the middle of them.... THUD.

OK no biggie... head back to my desk and print to the printer and 15mins later I have my copies. Move on to the next project, open it, tweak it, get it all set. Press print and head to the printer... the COLOR printer......ummmmm yeah... Nightmare comes true... Stupid printer is out of toner. And because the toner is about $1100 a pop, its not like I can pop down to supply and get one..... no they order us one a month and morons printing their emails on it suck down the toner so that when you have to print a really important... this will knock your freaking socks off..... document you can't.

Now I should also mention in this enormous, cavernous office I work in these color copiers are impossible to find. Only certain departments get them and its all based on your job... we have one because the ad team is on our floor. So now I'm panicking... I text DH..... HELP ME.... to which he replies No can do...... to which I replied something I don't think my gentle readers should see LOL.

Knowing that I am in a total state of panic, he starts his networking and comes up with a printer in another building. He networked into it and printed my docs for me... I owe him big time!!!

My interviews went well... the first was a little odd, I knew my interviews and had worked with them so it was super casual and super posistive. They both stated that they had been impressed with me, that I really rose above and seperated myself from my team. That I was an inovated thinker and that this was the next logical step in my progression. YEAH!!!

The second interview was more formal, the one manager I had never really worked with but she had seen me present before and has been in our organization so she knows of me and my accomplishments but the other manager is brand new to our department so I had never even met him. I think I did all right... I always seem to think I do worse than I really do. Hopefully we find out soon!!! Cross your fingers!!!

This just wrapped up my crazy week, which started on Monday when I found out I had to give a presentation on Tuesday to the VPs and Directors of the teams I work closely with. I was so nervous... normally these are people they don't let me talk to...... LOL.....not just me everyone at my level. These types of conversation happen between people on the same level but my director thought I could handle so I got to take the reins.

It went very well, the only comments I received was that I should have opened the meeting with why we were here and a minor recap (I wasn't at the first meeting so technically my boss should have handle that).... so that being the only neg feedback from her WOOOT.

And because of my fabulous presentation, I was recognized today during our big monthly meeting with the VP of my area :-) Go me!!!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop