Ok, I would love to say that I have been totally brave through out this whole ordeal... that I have over come my irrational fear of needles, sucked it up and took the injections like a real woman but that would be a lie.
Last night was probably one of the hardest things I have had to do in this insane journey.
After spending a good half hour reading the instructions and watching the videos... I was ready. I iced my hip and dh & I headed upstairs to do the shots.
Follistim- peice of cake... did it my self, burned a bit but really not an issue..... then it came time for me to prep the Repronex IM..... First let me say that never, ever should you look at a needle that large if you are terrified of needles.
The sucker is 1 1/2in long..... I'll wait while you get out your rulers....... Enormous right..... Seriously I think zoo's use smaller needles on the elephants.
So I draw up the drugs... why do I need a 1 1/2in needle to draw up the drug... seriously wouldn't a 1/2in needle work just as well and probably not freak me out as much, then dh could have switched to the elephant needle when I was wasn't watching.
I then position myself, cradling the pillow, leaning on the bed post all the weight on my left leg (we were doing the right hip last night) and I start to sob....... and then it goes from sobbing to wailing.... and then to complete and utter freak out......
I'm hysterical...... dh has touched me with the alcohol swab and I'm completely nuts.... I can't do this... I'm hyper ventilating..... I'm coughing.... I'm in total crazy woman mode...... yes I even freaked so much I revisited my dinner with an offering to the porcelain gods.
Thankfully after throwing up, I calmed down... I had a minor pity party... why me... what the hell did I do that was freaking awful that this is the only way I can procreate..... ect, ect, ect. And we tried again.
I jerked when DH initially did the shot so it came out and he had to restick me..... fun......... suprising the needle didn't hurt nearly as bad as I was expecting but the inject burned like my arse sat on a candle.
Tonight should be better..... I'm just so thankful that dh was so patient and understanding with me.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Believe it or not the IM shots will get better, you kinda "toughen" up to them. Don't be surprised if you have little "knots" in the areas you get them. I promise it's worth it!!! Oh and if you are afraid of the repronex, just wait for the progesterone in oil, okay sorry don't want to spoil all your "fun".
Post a Comment