As she started the u/s she said I see one with a heartbeat.... hunted around some more and said yes we have 1 uterine pregnancy with a heartbeat..... Wohoo!!! They showed Sarah and dh the baby and pointed out the flashing heartbeat to Sarah and then turned the screen so I could see it.
Everything is right on target... baby measured 7wks 2days which is exactly where I am. Its crown to rump measurement 11.4mm or .44ins and its heart was beating at 138 which the tech said is perfect (should be between 120-160).
After the u/s we met one last time with Dr F. She reviewed our cycle with us and talked about what happened to the other embryos. Apparently the remaining 3 embryos did make it to blastocyst but were very poor grade and wouldn't have made it through the freezing process. She said that it was normal and not an indicator of any problems.
I lamented that I had hoped we have a couple to freeze in case we wanted to try for # 3 because of my desire to child led wean.... that I would be 37-38 and if we had young eggs/embryos we would be in a better position. She said not to worry... pcos has protected my egg supply and she saw no problem if we decided to try for # 3 in my late 30s......
Not saying I will but I hate to think its over completely......
Then she went on to say something interesting..... they have done IVF with a woman still bfing..... I was shocked, most clinics won't touch you if you have recently stopped nursing let alone still be bfing..... she said she didn't feel it was the prefered course and that the woman suffered a couple of m/c she felt were related to bfing and the hormonal issues it caused but that woman is now 30wks pg and still nursing. I thought that was so progressive of her to not turn that paitent away.
She also pulled me off most of my meds... I stop my estrogen patches tonight (figures we just refilled LOL) and stop baby asprin tonight also. We continue on the progesterone shots daily until 8wks and then every other day until 9wks. She has released me to my ob and I need to call Dr E tomorrow to set up an appt.
We got a ton of pictures and I will post them tonight after I get home.
As we were checking out from the clinic the radio was play Creed's song "With Arms Wide Open" It was so fitting given the night I called dh to tell I was pg with Sarah it was playing on the radio. It our baby song.......
Well I just heard the news today
It seems my life is going to change
I closed my eyes, begin to pray
Then tears of joy stream down my face
With arms wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything
With arms wide open
With arms wide open
Well I don't know if I'm ready
To be the man I have to be
I'll take a breath, I'll take her by my side
We stand in awe, we've created life




1 comment:
That is so awesome that your clinic was able to work w/ a nursing mama and that they have high hopes for you if you ever want a third. :D Thanks for sharing the pictures. :)
Post a Comment