Last night we ducked out of work at about 4:30 I was feeling like I had been hit by a bus and dh had a sinus headache. So we picked up Sarah from school, ran by the grocery store to pick up her veggie tray for the Valentines day party today and we were home by 6.
I was in bed and passed out by 6:15 LOL and that is where I stayed until dh woke me up for my prog shot, 10min later I was passed back out again and didn't wake up until the alarm went off. Boy did I need that sleep!! I feel a million times better today. Tummy is really sore from throwing up and still feels a little iffy but I was able to eat breakfast this morning and almost feel human.
Sarah is really excited about her Valentines day party.... I unfortunately slept through the card making last night. And speaking of the party what is wrong with parents not wanting to provide nutrious snacks for the kids???? Normally the teachers request specific food for the parties and each of sign up for something well this time it was a bit of a free for all and the other parents said they were bringing cookies, cupcakes, candies, lollipops, cheetos ect...... Of the 10 kids in her class only 2 of us brought anything healthy... I know its a party but seriously how many cookies and different candies do the kids need? We actually amended our veggie only tray to contain cheeses also, that way they will have fruit from one of the other moms and the veggie & cheese tray from us amongst all the sugar.
And the funnest part of all is that in the past the things the kids always reach for first is the cheese, fruits and veggies. At one of her preschool classes I had snack day and brought veggies & dip and the teacher made a huge deal about (Thank you Mrs V for the very healthy snack) and one of the other moms said oh I bet my child didn't touch it and the teacher said "actually he had 2nds" LOL
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Those progesterone shots can be to blame for a lot of it, not that the baby isn't helping that's for sure, but i think the extra progesterone can really add to the yuckies. I know deep down you probably are thankful to be sick, silly huh.
And Faith would totally go for a fruit or veggie tray before cookies, and CHEESE omg i have to limit her, she would eat a whole brick if i let her LOL
Post a Comment