So Sunday I woke with conviction and determination. My friend Sarah told me she did all of her own injections (except for the ones in the hip... kinda hard to reach) and I decide if she can do it so can I.
I go into the bathroom, get all the supplies out, draw up the lupron, swab the area, sit on the side of the tub and just couldn't do it. Of course then dh and I had a momentary panic of how do we do the injection... yes I know I had administered numerous shots in my day, drawn blood and assisted in surgeries but when it came to giving dh the instruction of how jam the needle in my thigh my mind blanked... I swear it wasn't intentional LOL
Once we had reviewed the literature again (for about the millionth time), we sat down and he gave me the shot. The actual injection didn't hurt, I had some minor skin irritation afterward (itching and minor swelling like a mosquito bite) and my thigh felt like someone had punched me in it later on but that subsided by evening.
This morning it went smoother, it didn't get sore and didn't seem to have the same reaction. Not that this is something I'm thrilled I have to do but it isn't that bad so far..... ask me next week when we start the IM shots if I still feel the same.
So now we wait for AF to arrive and then call the clinic for my day 3 labs. I'll be on the lupron for a minimum of 7days to really ensure my ovaries are shut down.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment