Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another day, another check mark

Bazillion blood tests for me...... check
Bazillion blood tests for him..... check
Making all pertinent decisions on what happens with our popsicle babies....... check
Swimmer check for him..... check
Uterine check for me...... on 10/14


At our first IVF consult appt they gave us a check list of items that had be completed prior to starting the actual IVF part of the cycle, we have completed all except for my u/s.

Today the big check off the list was the millions of pieces of paper deciding what to do with the potential ice cube kids.. What happens if I die, what happens if he dies, what happens if after 15yrs of marital bliss we call it quits, what happens if we are mental incapacitated..... ect ect ect.

We were in agreement on everything up until the what happens if I die part..... and then things got interesting...... The form states that the embies are left to DH for him to decide what to do with discard, donate to science, donate to outside agency or use for another pg..... I said I'm checking that one but don't you dare discard the embies (joking around, we had this discussion once already)

He said does donating them to science count as discarding? :::::::THUD:::::::::
My jaw hit the table......... ummmmmmmmm I thought we were in agreement about donating them to couples with IF........ I am adamantly opposed to discarding or donating them to science.

I know its weird coming from someone so pro-choice right?..... But even though I vote to keep my uterus free from evil oppressive dictators, its not a choice I could ever make myself.

SO.......After a minor freak out on dh I made him promise that all of our chilly little beans will be donated to a loving family praying for their own miracle.

Dh had his 4 vials of blood drawn and did his SA today... we should find out the results of the SA soon.

No comments:

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop