I woke up at about 4:45 this morning from the nerves and had a chat with Dean. I told him mommy would really appreciate it if he slept through the procedure and didn't act like the spaz he normally was at that time of the morning LOL.
After getting up and getting Sarah off to school we headed to the hospital. They took me back right away when we got to the peri's office and we did the weigh in (I had only gained 6lb since my 20wk appt) and she checked my bp (148/79 YIKES told you I was nervous). Since my bp was so high she had me sign my paperwork and then we retook it. It was still elevated but was atleast below 140 that time. Then it was into the u/s room.
They did a brief scan of Dean and his head and legs are measuring 3 days ahead but his belly is measuring 4wks.... no medical reason, he is just going to be a chunky monkey like his big sis was. They estimated him at 7lb 11oz + or -1lb.
After she had done the scan she went and got Dr D and a bunch of other people (there were 4 of them in the room). Dr D located the pocket of fluid, waited to see if Dean would move and then they swabbed my abdomen. After applying the sterile u/s gel they double checked the pocket again and Dr D tested to make sure Dean wouldn't move by giving some test pushes with his finger. At this point I close my eyes, terrified..... waiting for the big stick... waiting for the pain..... next thing I feel is pressure and a little more pressure, then I hear Dr D ask how much was in the syringe. They ask me if I'm doing ok and then Dr D says can you cough... I give a little cough and out comes the needle. I didn't even feel the stick LOL
The stick was clean and fluid was clear. They sent it off to the lab to be processed, they no longer do the in house test because it wasn't as accurate. Then they sent me off to L&D for monitoring.
After a hour in L&D with nothing happening they sent me home. So now we wait!! I should have the results between 5-6 tonight!
------------------------
Bummer.... the results are in..... Dean's lungs are not ready. I have an appt on Thursday to go over the test and discuss the options with Dr E. We knew this was a risk and its hard not to be disappointed but obviously we want him to be safe and ready. Dr E's office is the one who called with the results, Dr D said they will also call so I'm hoping they do so we can get some additional information from them. I'll update if we hear anything else.
-----------------------
Ok I spoke to Dr D and he said the test they did they look for results of 2.9 or higher and Dean's were only 1.6. He said that is to low to even estimate when the lungs will be matured and because of that we will need to repeat the amnio. Sigh
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
oh bummer...but it's better you know he's not ready and can proceed appropriately :-)
REST mama!
Post a Comment