Never a dull moment around here!
This morning in the shower dh turned his head, heard a pop and was suddenly in excruiating pain. So he called the pain clinic where he has had his past 2 epidural injections, the dr called him back and told him to come in. We got in and saw the dr about 10 and they said they wanted to give him another epidural injection. There was a mad dash to get the referal and now about 12 they are taking him into out patient surgery.
Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but my amnio is set for 130...there is no way he will make it and to top it off I have been having contrax on and off all morning.
Yep never a dull moment LOL
I'll post more after my amnio
-------------------------------------------
So at 1:20 I spoke with the receptionist in day surgery and told her i had to go to my amnio.... at this point dh was in recovery and I had already spoken to the dr who said he had to really sedate dh because of how much pain he was in. She called back and said they would bring him over to Dr D's office in 10min.
I headed over to peri's office and got checked in, they took me back and just as they were finishing my preliminary scan dh arrived looking like still very drugged up LOL. Dr D and the other nurse came in right after that and then the procedure began.
Like last time he found a good pocket of fluid, unlike last time Dean was being a complete spaz and he was having a hard time finding a spot with out the cord or Dean in it. Each time he did a test push on my abdomen, Dean would kick or wiggle, so he had me lay on my side to move Dean further away. They were finally able to get a clear spot and after swabbing me down and adding the sterile u/s gel, they stuck me....... This time the amnio was more of what I was expecting..... It hurt!
The needle stick hurt, the drawing of the fluid hurt... I was cramping and Dean at one point was swatting at the needle. Not fun but it was over quickly.
After that they sent us over to L&D for monitoring and because I was having so many contrax we were there for nearly 2hours making sure it didn't amount to anything. During the 2nd hour they turned into BH so we were able to go home.
More will come after we get the results
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
so what happened? hope everything is okay!
Post a Comment