Friday, September 11, 2009

35wks 5days

We have had good news and bad news over the past couple of days

First the bad... My MIL has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She just got the biopsy report back and doesn't have any details yet as to the severity of it but we know it wasn't on her mamogram last year so we are hopeful they have caught it early. She is waiting for her referal to the oncologist and surgeon to get additional information. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

On the good news front I had my last ob appt on Wed and it went great. Dr E said I didn't need to have the group b strep test as long as I promised not to go into labor before Tuesday :) I told him I didn't plan on it LOL We then reviewed my birth plan and he agreed with everything on it YAY!!

In fact he went one step further and said that barring any emergency situation that he would allow my mother in OR as well as dh (didn't ask about you Dad, figured you would be happier in the waiting room being spared the blood and guts LOL). So I am making a minor adjustment to the birth plan and asking that my mother be allowed in the OR. YAY!!

Yesterday dh had the same procedure he had last week on his neck done to his lower back. He woke up this morning saying it felt great so hopefully it does the trick.

Yesterday was also back to school night at Sarah's school. I went alone since he was still pretty sore from the injection. I got to sit at her desk and we learned about what a day in life of a 1st grader was like. I was impressed that they get 2 recesses a day even on days they have gym. We discussed the punishment and reward system, homework expectations ect.

Afterward I spoke with her teacher and she was asking if Sarah liked school and if she ever talked about the girls in her class. I said that she seemed to really like it and asked if she was still being really quite.... no surprise answer there.... Yes and that is why she was worried she wasn't enjoying school. She said Sarah is very proud to show her what she has accomplished and plays with the other girls but is just so much quieter than her peers. I told her that has pretty much been the same statement we had for the past 2yrs.

As I was leaving they had tables set up with the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts info so I put our name on the Girl Scout list. The troop meets on Friday nights so this would be perfect for us. I have such fond memories of being a Girl Scout and I'm hoping that this enviorment will help Sarah come out of her shell a little.

Only 3 days until the amnio and 4 days until we could be meeting our son!! To say I am excited is the understatement of the century :-) Of course I'm also nervous, scared about the surgery and worried about bfing.... I'm praying this time it goes smoother than Sarah did in the beginning.... I know once it work it worked great but it was the longest 3wks of my life getting her there!

Well I need to get out of my pjs so I can get Sarah from the bus stop. I'll post after my amnio on Monday!!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop