Friday, September 18, 2009

36wks 5days

We had our appt with Dr E yesterday to go over the results of the amnio and discuss our options. He gave us 2 options..... 1) wait 2wks and repeat the amnio..... 2) repeat the amnio on Monday and if the lungs aren't ready do steriod injections and then the c-sec a couple of days later.

With option 1 he said if I had more the 8 contrax in 2hrs I would need to call them and get to the hospital. They would attempt to stop labor so steriods could be adminstered. Seeing as how I have been having some pretty decent contrax on and off and had 4 in an hour 2 nights ago this scared us a little bit. Dr E was discouraging of this option given my history.

So after discussing the risks vs the benefits we decided to go with option 2. As of right now my amnio is set for 1:30pm but that was because Dr D's office is closed on Friday and that was all central scheduling had open. Central scheduling said to call Dr D first thing in the morning Monday and see if they can get me in sooner (last time they told me they wanted it done prior to 10am). I spoke with Dr E office and they said he wasn't concerned about the 1:30 time so if they can't get me in until then I guess we are still ok.

The c-sec is scheduled right now for Wed at 7:30am.... if we have to do the steriods and I don't have my amnio until 1:30 then that will need to be moved to Thursday.

The appt itself went well..... I didn't gain any weight, Dean's hr was 142 and I'm measuring on target. I had him check me since I was having contrax and thankfully I am still closed and long..... Dean is at -2 station so it looks like we should be good for no labor this weekend (fingers crossed).

No comments:

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop