We made it home from Texas on Sunday about noon. It was a long drive through Oklahoma and northern Texas because of the snow we got Christmas eve. That part of the country just doesn't have the plows and salt to handle it so the roads were packed with ice. In OK we counted 120+ cars off the side of the road in an hour of driving time.
We stopped Saturday night in St James, MO... its a tiny town that boast 4 winery's, a 4 star resturant and a pizza hut LOL. We were so tired from getting up at 3:30am that we opted for Pizza hut.... The next morning we got an early start and were through St Louis by 8am. As soon as we crossed into IL we were hit with a snow but thankfully they do know how to handle it up here and we made good time.
We opted to stop about 90miles out side of Chicago for breakfast and by the time we were done the snow had stopped and the roads were completely cleared. We were lucky and hit only minimal traffic in the city and got home to find our driveway covered in 14in of snow.... dh was able to get the car into the garage and we both decided to tackle it on Monday.
Monday he had taken the day off to decompress from vacation and we slept in, then he went to work on the drive way. After it was cleared he took Sarah sledding while I stayed home with Dean. They had a blast and apparently Sarah took out some whiney brat who refused to get out of the way LOL I guess they had been waiting and waiting for this kid (older than Sarah) to get off of the middle of the hill.... the boy's mother kept telling him to either go up or come down and he was whining and refusing..... So dh and Sarah yelled "get out of the way we are coming down" and he still refused so she went.... dh said she yelled the whole way down "Move out of the way" LOL to say the least he didn't and apparently there was an explosion of winter garb...gloves flying one way.... a hat another.... as she took him out. No one was hurt but I think he learned his lesson.... well 2 of them... 1 don't sit in the middle of a crowded hill and 2 that even sweet little girls will run you over.
I think I may have a touch of the flu.....every joint in my body hurts. It started yesterday and by last night I was in so much pain I couldn't even pick up Dean. I feel a little better today but I'm still pretty achey.
Dean had his 3mo check up today and all looks great.... no shots.... he is now 23.75in long and 12lbs 13oz. Both slightly below the 50th percentile.
I am in the process of uploading 120 pictures to my photobucket in the Christmas 2009 album.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment