Thursday, December 17, 2009

11wks 6days

Ugh I had done a huge post on my cell yesterday when I was waiting to pick dh from work and I guess it got lost in cyber space because its MIA.

We have been super busy preparing for our trip, tons of shopping, laundry ect.

In addition to that we had a trial day with our nanny on Tuesday. Dean did really well and took bottles all day with out an issue. He at a total of 7.5oz from 7am until 5:30pm and I was able to pump 6oz in one session alone so I don't think keeping up with his needs will be hard. He did go into a mega nursing spree starting at 5:30 and nursed every hour until bed at 9:30 but he slept well and didn't nurse any more than normal at night.

Speaking of sleeping... with our upcoming trip we knew the snuggle nest in a queen size bed was never going to work so I started looking for alternatives and stumbled across a brand new Fisher price product called Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper. We love it....totally ROCKS!!!!! This item is brand new.... it wasn't out 13wks ago when dh and I were trying to find a sleep option for Dean and I so wish it was. Since we have had it he has essentially been sleeping through the night... from 10pm until 4:30am YAY!!!!!

Why I love it so......
1) its on an incline so he doesn't spit up after he eats and it helps him breathe better at night (he is still a little stuffy)
2) it folds for easy storage and the legs come off easily.... no screws!! Perfect for travel!
3) it goes up to 25lbs YAY!
4) it slides on the carpet silently so it can be moved from our room to his in the morning with out waking him
5) it rocks... Yes I know I said it rocked numerous times but I mean back and forth this time.... it works better on the hard surfaces in our house but still does pretty well on the carpet.

And in more sleeping news.... Dean now thinks his bumbo is comfy.... so comfy he can fall asleep in it LOL On Monday when Sarah got home from school I set him up in the bumbo with his play gym in front of him and she and I went to the kitchen to start her homework. After I got her set up on her first page I peeked in on him and noticed he was falling over but quiet so I went to help him back up and I see this
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop