First day back to work and honestly its easier than I thought..... dh had predicted I would be in tears and an emotional wreck and this weekend I was.
Ever since our trip to Texas Dean has refused the binky.... we didn't realize this would translate into a rebellion of the bottle also though. On New Years eve we grabbed a bottle of milk and headed out the party... Dean refused to take it so I nursed him not realizing that it was going to be a 3 day battle royale to get him to take it.
Since we had already defrosted the milk dh attempted to give it to him on Friday... he refused it at each feeding, from 3 of the brands of bottles we had..... and I started panicking and cried as we wasted 5.5oz of my milk.
On Saturday we took Sarah ice skating and defrosted another bottle (sniff sniff) and he refused it in the morning but he did finally take it at his lunch feeding. He also took it again at dinner YAY mama could finally feel better about leaving him.
Most of the weekend I let dh take over the baby duties, giving myself some distance as well as easing my mind that yes some one can handle Dean and he will be fine LOL
So far I have pumped 2 times today.... I got 4.5oz the first session and then 3oz the 2nd session. I'm shooting for pumping 3 times a day..... 9am, 12pm & 3pm.
I'll update after I talk to our nanny at 3... I promised Sarah I would call her so she could tell me how her day at school was ... more to come.
--------------------------------
I spoke with L (our nanny) and everything is going great. Dean had taken 4.5oz so far in 2 feedings so if he keeps that up I will be able to keep up with him. Sarah had a nice day at school and was happy she didn't get any homework today. I pumped while I was talking to them and got 2.5oz so 10oz total for the day..... not to bad for the first day.
Well I need to get back to work.... I'll update later in the week.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment