Monday, March 30, 2009

12wks 1 day

Houston we have a heartbeat..... YAY!!!!!! Our little bean was beating away today at 160bpm and we could hear it swimming around and gave a little kick at the doppler :-)

Getting to the appt today was nutso though!!! At 2:15 the receptionist calls me at work and says can you come in for your appt now (it was supposed to be at 4) she said Dr E was in a surgery and wouldn't be able to make it in to the office today but P one of the midwives could see us if we could come in early. So I call dh and both of us had the afternoon free so we picked up Sarah and headed to the office.

We get to the office and find its dark and the door is locked! I freak and call them, they tell me I'm at the wrong office ummmmm I'm only seen at the office right by my house so I don't know why they scheduled me at the other office but ok...... I'm really freaking now..... I started feeling really nervous last night about the baby and desperately needed this appt today to help put my mind at ease so I'm near tears..... I tell dh to get Sarah back into the car and we will start driving while she waits for the midwife to finish with her patient and see if we can still be seen. Thankfully she agrees and we drive 20min in the opposite direction to the other office.

Whew!!!!!!!! By the time we get there my bladder is ready to explode LOL!!

The appt went fine, we reviewed my blood work from last time (all normal), reviewed my urinalysis (normal too) and listened to the little bean. She found it with just a minor hunt, babe was swimming around..... what a beautiful sound!! Then reviewing my chart said "are you having an early u/s" I said we hadn't scheduled one yet but that the IVF clinic recommended we have one to check the SCH.... she found my u/s from the clinic and said "Ok I'll get you an u/s referal"

WOHOOOO!!!!! I was thinking we were going to have to wait another 8wks before we got to see the bean again but nope we have an appt on Wednesday WOHOOOO!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Today is weds, do you mean today?? That's awesome. So glad you got to hear the heartbeat and i can't believe you are 12 weeks already? Where did the time go???

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop