Monday, January 25, 2010

4 months!!


Happy 4 month birthday baby boy!!!

Dean is doing well and getting big (we will find out how big on Saturday). He is eating like a pig every 2 hours during the day (2.5oz per bottle feeding) and then 1-2 times overnight (some nights its 3 times). I'm nursing him an average of 6 times a day in addition to his 5 bottles..... THUD!!!! I'm trying to postpone solids until he is 6mos but I don't know if that is going to be possible if he is eating this much a 4mo.

He is a happy, fairly mellow baby. Like Sarah he is pretty quiet (in sharp contrast to our nanny's little girl who is a screamer!). He still has his blue eyes, adorable dimple and dark blonde hair. He definately got his coloring from me :-) He is giggling and we have gotten a couple of good belly laughs out of him.

He is wearing size 3-6mo now and they are fitting him perfectly. In diapers we are mostly in smalls still.

Cding with the nanny has been interesting LOL We have come home to some interesting diaper combination on him. I bought a bunch of pockets and AIOs for her to use (I still prefer prefolds & covers) and the first week I couldn't figure out why all my prefolds were in the wash in addition to the pockets and AIOs..... turns out she was putting the prefolds on top of the pockets LOL..... She said she couldn't understand why his butt was so big LOL She has also put our night time diapers on him during the day which means I have to get creative at bed time.... but all and all it is going well.

She is having some issues with leaking so I need to figure out which diapers they are and what we need to do to improve absorbency. I have a feeling its the Thirsties pocket AIOs.... we have had issues ourselves with those.... they are a sized diaper so they won't fit him in a few months anyway.

I have been using wool overnight and really love it..... not only does it work well but he looks so cute in his woolies. I just placed an order for 3 more night time diapers (Pianissimo's new duets) in size med and I need to knit him some shorties for summer. I think we will be moving to blue faced leicester wool for summer, the single ply merino still works well but I know in the future it won't be thick enough or strong enough when he starts crawling.

We finally found our camera again (don't ask..... it got put away in the wrong place) so I will post pictures later in the week.

No comments:

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop