Monday, May 18, 2009

19wks 1day

Last night was a scary night.... After a rather busy Saturday in the garden, I spent Sunday cleaning out Dean's closet, which was full of Sarah's old clothes. It was a pretty easy day, I was sitting on the floor just going through the clothes for most of it. After I was finished we grabbed some lunch and then I fell asleep on the couch.

When I awoke 2 hours later I started having contractions and for the next hour and 1/2 they continued (I had 10-12 total lasting about 30 secs each). We were just about to pack up and head to the ER when they stopped... I had a couple of more last night (about 4 over a 3hr time frame) and awoke this morning to a couple of more.

I called the drs this morning and will be going in today at 1:45 to get checked out. I'm praying that my cervix is tightly shut still and this was just a strange fluke. We used the doppler last night and his hr was normal and the wiggle worm has been active all morning .

I'll update more after my appt.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated....... Everything is fine, my cervix is still closed and Dean sounded good on the doppler. The dr thinks I may have picked up a virus from somewhere (aka a stomach bug) and because I am pregnant I don't have usual suspect symptoms (ie diarrhea and vomiting). I have been mildly nauseous today but just chalked it up to normal pg stuff (some smells still set me off bad). He said the irritation to the intestines and stomach could trigger the contractions and so I am to take it easy the rest of the day and eat bland foods.

If I have more than 6 contractions a hour for 2 hours I am to call them but he said this doesn't seem like preterm labor at this point. He did say that if I notice any activities that trigger a contrax to stop doing them but at this point he isn't going to put me on any restrictions unless it gets worse.

No comments:

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop