I realized I skipped last weeks posting on Sunday so I just decided to wait. Work had me super busy last week trying to wrap up a portion of a project I have been working on.
Had my 33wk appt on Mon with Dr E and everything is looking good. My bp was completely normal and my swelling is nearly gone YAY! He still has me on modified bedrest because it seems to be working. I was the same weight as last time so only a 2lb gain in a month which they are very happy with and this time we know it was true gain an not water weight.
Everything is pretty much ready for Dean at this point. I organized and took inventory of our diapers and we are set on nb and smalls and really pretty good on mediums but I will pick up more of those as we get closer to that size and figure out what works best for us. I set up both changing stations last weekend (his room and then the one in the living room).
I'm washing a couple of things for him today but feel a little superstitious about washing to much. We did the same thing with Sarah but only because we weren't 100% she was a girl, we are 100% Dean is a boy LOL and not a shy one but I feel weird pulling all of the tags off of stuff.
I'm still up in the air about his going home outfit.... at my appt this week the dr said he was probably about 4lbs (based on the 30wk u/s and this wks palpatation), so I'm nervous the one outfit I picked won't fit him. I'm considering trying to get this set http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=79600&vid=2558 tomorrow but I don't know it so tiny. Its so hard because Sarah was such a big baby that its hard for me to envision him only being 5.5-6lbs.
In other baby news the c-sec has been scheduled for 9-15 at 7:30am, this was the one day we did not want the c-sec but apparently the hospital is busy and this was what they had. This means my mom will miss Dean's birth :-( She will be flying in the of the 15th and will head from the airport to the hospital. That really stinks!!
This also changes my birth plan a bit as well, we found out during our hospital tour that they take c-sec babies away from their mother for 2hrs..... ummmm HELL NO!!! After the postpartum depression I suffered as a result of Sarah's delivery and the nursing issue that stemmed from her being fed in the nursery while I recovered.... I don't think so!!! The original plan was to allow dh to go to the nursery with Dean while they stitched me up and my mother would join me in the OR and recovery, ensuring that I got Dean back ASAP. Well now the plan is not to let him out of my sight.
We are declining the nursery bath (c-sec babies have a hard time maintaining there body temps are are often stuck under the heat lamps because of the bath). If they insist on taking him to weigh him dh knows that he is to refuse all of the treatments and get back to me in recovery asap. My hope is telling them we don't want him bathed (yes I know he will be gross and goopy)and that we are declining the eye oinment that they will just let him skip the nursery and stay with me. I was already planning to decline the sedative they normally give while stitching you up so I should be coherent in recovery immediately. They can have him back after I get to hold him and nurse him.... I need that for my own emotional well being and he deserves that, its not his fault my body doesn't work correctly.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
They took Faith from me too, it was super hard knowing i wasn't there with her, but John was allowed to go right to the nursery and stay with her the whole time. And she was a bit chilly and because of all my issues had to have some lab work right away that by the time they got me back up there, noone had been able to hold her yet anyway. I did get to snuggle her and kiss her in the OR before John left with her for the nursery. At my hospital a 30 minute stay in recovery was required but the time went pretty quick and i got back up there. The stitching up and stuff didnt' seem to take that long, i think i was away from her for less than 1 hour, though i'd have to ask John for sure, it's kind of a blur in some ways. I would have preferred she stayed with me in recovery but at that point i was so tired, i guess i didn't think to insist.
Post a Comment