Wednesday, June 17, 2009

23wks 3days

Last weekend was nice, rained like crazy on Saturday but we had friends over for dinner so that was fun. It was also our developments community yard sale, the rain on Saturday pretty much killed that but Sunday people had their stuff back out and we hit the jackpot!!

We got a video baby monitor, 25 BPA free baby bottles (WOHOO), a bunch of clothes for Dean and the complete sports theme bedding set, lamp and valance for Dean's room. YAY! I'm sure we will be out cruising the yard sales again this weekend.

Monday I had my 23wk appt with Dr E. We hadn't seen him since I was 10wks and he was glad to see us again. He and Dr M have been discussing my case and my u/s from the perinatologist and they both had some concerns. The u/s from the peri showed everything was perfect with Dean (Whew!) but it also showed some significant scarring on my uterus. They are both concerned that if I go into labor I could have a uterine rupture so we will be delivering Dean earlier than expected.

The new plan is to have an amnio with the peri on Sept 15 (36wks 2days) and if his lungs come back mature we will do the c-sec the next day...... if not then they will base the c-sec date on the results from the amnio. Dr E said we shouldn't have to repeat the amnio though.

EEEKKKK Thats only 13wks away! I better get to knitting!!!

Everything else at the appt was normal. Dean's hr was 147 and he gave the doppler a good kick before flipping so we couldn't here it any more. DR E measured my belly for the first time and tried to palpate to see how Dean was laying. In typical Dean fashion he was kicking and moving all over the place LOL so he thought he might be breech but wasn't 100%. Bp & urine were normal and I have officially gained 4.5lbs this pg.... not to bad for 23wks.

My next appt is in 3wks and then I will start going every 2wks until 36wks. I have another glucose tolerence test at 28wks, my last one was borderline (no suprise there they always are) so at my next appt I may ask just to do the 3hr or see if they will combine it with the A1C (it give the average blood sugar levels over 3months) to get a more accurate reading.

Well that's all for now!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop