Monday, December 29, 2008

Girls day out

Sigh..... is there anything better than a relaxing girls day out!

Today my mom, sis and I went to a salt spa in Williamsburg http://www.williamsburgsaltspa.com/ . It was so cool! I had no idea what to expect when I first heard about the concept but I wish I had one close to me now! If you check out the web site you will see the "cave", it was covered in imported salt crystals from around the world and the floor was covered in crushed salt. The room was temperature controled with a moderate humidity to release the salt into the air. You go in and sit in the loungers in your street clothes (its not like a sauna, just the perfect temp) and just relax. I think my mom and sis both fell asleep, my mind unfortunately can never seem to be silenced and I spent the session fight with my brain to shut up (nothing like an internal arguement LOL).

After 45min of breathing in the salt air, my nose seemed clearer and I could breath easier, we head off to the Trellis in Colonial Williamsburg for some savory cheesecake (quiche like) and some Death By Chocolate. Sigh 2 slices of heaven on a plate.

What a fun morning!!

Later we took the kids to see Despereaux. It was cute but not really as good I thought it would be.

No comments:

 
Blog Design By AndreaBetty @ Dilly Dollop