Dean is doing great and getting big! We had him in the peds office this week for allergies (just like his mama he is allergic to anything that blooms LOL) and he weighed 16lbs 12oz.
She ok'd Benedryl for him so he is on that 3 times a day and it really seems to be helping. He is back to sleeping well (either through the night or waking once) and seems much happier. Poor little guy was not very happy with the itchy eyes and runny nose.
He is now sitting up like a pro and has been trying to pull himself up to stand. He is getting really good at reaching for toys and returning to the sitting position.
He has added chicken, peas, carrots, yogurt, peaches and mangos to his diet. He loves the chicken, sweet potato and applesauce recipe we made him. We are going to introducing turkey later this week and then will add egg yolk next week.
He is quite a piglet and has started adding a snack in the afternoon in addition to his bottles and 3 meals. We have been giving him Just Tomatoes brand of peaches and mangos. If you aren't familiar with them check them out, they are 100% fruits and veggies that have the water removed from them.... thats it nothing added so they are a great snack.
Speaking of bottles, pumping is really hard for me... I have plenty of milk but I'm not letting down well for the pump so it is a struggle to keep up. I'm pumping in the evenings and on the weekends just to keep up with his needs. I'm hopeful that I will be able to keep up for the next 5months.
Work is going well.... my current project hit a bit of roadblock when IT was pulled off of it to support another team that was having a major issue with the day to day business. Hopefully that will be resolved this week so we can get back on track with the project.
My other project is starting this week and is still in the very early stages. I'm excited about it but it is a little frustrating to be on commitee with team members who have never been on a special project. They are jumping ahead and spending too much time on the what ifs instead of focusing on what is important for right now. We are bringing in an exisiting software so this should be a fairly simple project in contrast to my current project which is a homegrown software that we are having to debug.
In other news.... our nanny announced her pg to us this morning, while I'm happy for her I'm more concerned about what this means for us. Her last pg was very hard for her and she missed alot of work at her old job because of how sick she was...... we simply can't have that, I need to have reliable care.
This info was mentioned to us in passing as we were heading out this morning so I don't know what her plans are after the baby is born but I can't imagine she will return to work for us (that would put her with 3 kids under 2 in her care). And even if she did want to I'm not sure that we would want that because the newborn would take away from the interaction with Dean and that is why we chose in home care to begin with........
Dh and I will have to look into our options, I really prefer in home care to day care until he is 2 so we may opt to go with an Au Pair.
Of course this all may be worry for nothing because........we went suit shopping for dh this weekend and he will have a special trip coming up here soon. I'll leave it at that and yes your thoughts are most likely correct LOL :-) and no his trip wouldn't be to a backwater state but rather another blue state......I hear they are a fan of beans there :)
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment